Author Topic: What is the optimal level of blur?  (Read 6784 times)

Offline jansen

Re: What is the optimal level of blur?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 07:09:38 PM »
Hey Steven,

When you talk about "short, fast movements of the eyes" during relaxation, are you talking about saccadic movements? This was mentioned in the David De Angelis' book:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcS4qXeWVsc&list=PL3BC7F241DFE3CA97
The video mentions something similar to the wandering of the eye, and relaxation that you have described

Offline Steven

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 01:58:12 AM »
Hey Steven,

When you talk about "short, fast movements of the eyes" during relaxation, are you talking about saccadic movements? This was mentioned in the David De Angelis' book:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcS4qXeWVsc&list=PL3BC7F241DFE3CA97
The video mentions something similar to the wandering of the eye, and relaxation that you have described

Very nice video Jansen.
I was indeed referring to Saccade : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccade

From my own experiments trying to emulate saccade and avoid staring or making slow movements with the eye, my vision improves immediately and continues to improve as long as i keep my eyes in very fast movement.

The Saccade very fast focusing produces plenty of blur so it acts as a natural plus lens.
Using a plus lens alone while not killing the habit of staring / making slow movements with the eye does not cure your myopia completely or in a reasonable time.

In my experiments simulating Saccade bring better results than wearing a plus and doing nothing else.

I would compare things this way :

1. Using minus glasses = vision gets rapidly worse and you start to lose fast eye movements. (not because of the clear image but because the limited space in which the eye can move)

2. Using no glasses = vision gets a little better but you start to over-focus in the blurry environment.

3. Using plus glasses = vision gets better but staring becomes permanent.

What to do ? (considering that your eyes have lost their fast movement when you are conscious and you have fast eye movement only when you sleep - when you are unconscious)

a) Take your glasses off.
b) Start to consciously make rapid movements with the eye 24/7
c) Avoid focusing on anything while moving your eyes fast. You don't need to focus on anything particular really to see things.
d) Put a pair of plus glasses (at least +2) and continue to move your eyes as fast as you can while not focusing on things.
e) put you glasses off and go to bed, close you eyes and stay there for 10 minutes. Stop controlling your eyes movements consciously and let them alone to do what they want. Observe how your eyes move while not controlling them.
f) After a good night sleep, wash your face and massage your whole face a little with a towel. Then observe if your eyes have started to move faster by themselves (without your conscious interventions). You can do so by looking each day at the same place from left to right and from right to left while filming your eyes with a camera.
g) Repeat this process every day (move your eyes fast until it becomes a habit and the unconscious will do it without needing any help)

Offline saksham

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 02:38:48 AM »
hi Steven
 right now I am using galsses that are undercorrected by .-25 D for both eyes
I am severly myopic. but I can still do without glasses indoors
I only use my new undercorrected glasses when I am outdoors
my question is that wether I should remain naked eye indoors or wether I should use use undercorrected glasses indoors
my impression from your experiment is that I should remain naked eye wherever possible and let my eyes do whatever theu want without forcing them to focus on anything

thank you
saksham

Offline Steven

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 03:54:47 AM »
hi Steven
 right now I am using galsses that are undercorrected by .-25 D for both eyes
I am severly myopic. but I can still do without glasses indoors
I only use my new undercorrected glasses when I am outdoors
my question is that wether I should remain naked eye indoors or wether I should use use undercorrected glasses indoors
my impression from your experiment is that I should remain naked eye wherever possible and let my eyes do whatever theu want without forcing them to focus on anything

thank you
saksham

1. What is your current myopia ?

2. Avoid using minus glasses all the time unless you really need them. Remain naked eye wherever/whenever possible. Any minus lens is just making your eyes worse.

3. The-0.25 undercorrected glasses are not enough. You should use -1 undercorrected for outdoor.

4. Buy a strong plus pair of cheap reading glasses and use them while doing nothing. If you use them your myopia will drop considerably and your current glasses will become too strong.

5. I am going to write a guide sometime in the future.

A quick fix for you :

a) take off your glasses and put a strong plus instead. "Suffer" like this and your vision will improve considerably in a couple of days making your undercorrected glasses into overcorrected glasses.

b) Never ever use minus glasses for close work.

Offline saksham

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 08:05:49 AM »
hi
my prescribed myopia is -6(R) and-6.25(L)
I am using glasses now which are undercorrected by  .25d

what should be the amount of plus lenses that you think I should consider for using indoors and wherever possible?

also P.S check the. degree of plus lens post :-)

thabk you

Offline Steven

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 08:25:37 AM »
hi
my prescribed myopia is -6(R) and-6.25(L)
I am using glasses now which are undercorrected by  .25d

what should be the amount of plus lenses that you think I should consider for using indoors and wherever possible?

also P.S check the. degree of plus lens post :-)

thabk you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retinal_detachment

"Retinal detachment is more common in people with severe myopia (above 5–6 diopters), in whom the retina is more thinly stretched. In such patients, lifetime risk rises to 1 in 20. About two-thirds of cases of retinal detachment occur in myopics."

Your doctor is a madman.

1. Buy and use the strongest plus you can find on the market without prescription from a doctor.
2. Never ever put that -6 lens on your eyes again or you are going blind.