Author Topic: what are exactly STRONG PLUS LENSES?  (Read 9788 times)

Offline saksham

what are exactly STRONG PLUS LENSES?
« on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:52 AM »
hello everyone
I am highly confused with. the term STRONG PLUS LENSES
it will be of great help if someone elaborates it fir me
does it mean.. for example.,
if I have -6 myopia I should add a strong plus so it becomes -2. or does it means I should use a strong plus for example.  a  +2 ??

thank you
saksham

Offline Steven

Re: what are exactly STRONG PLUS LENSES?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:40:42 AM »
hello everyone
if I have -6 myopia I should add a strong plus so it becomes -2. or does it means I should use a strong plus for example.  a  +2 ??

thank you
saksham

I am going to answer here all your questions before i make a guide that describes my method.

a) If your eyes have -6 myopia without correction then putting a +6 lens on your eyes, they will see things like a -12 myopia uncorrected eye.

In other words the +6 lens pushes the image farther away. This relaxes the eye and the ciliary muscle.

b) You must stop wearing such super strong lenses or you will go blind. (retinal detachment)
c) Do not use the -6. Buy a pair of -2 glasses. Move in the first row at classroom near the professor and use those when you are at school.
d) Otherwise use no glasses all the time.
e) When you want to push your eyes more put a very strong plus over your eyes and do a walk in the park or stay on a bench or in the home.
f) because you are young you will revert your myopia faster.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:07:59 AM by Steven »

Offline saksham

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:45:51 AM »
hi steve
right now I have a pair of  plus glasses that are

+4.5 (r) and 4.75(l)
you mean I should usee these instead of being naked eye indoors
thabk you

Offline Steven

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 08:47:36 AM »
hi steve
right now I have a pair of  plus glasses that are

+4.5 (r) and 4.75(l)

+4.5 and +4.75 ... that is great !

Put them on relax and do nothing. Try not to stare too much. Let your eyes wander.
Stay with them for 15 minutes at least then take them off. Your vision will feel much better.

That means they work.
Then you put them back on and keep them as much as you like.

Do not put back the -6 glasses.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:54:02 AM by Steven »

Offline Steven

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »
You will feel a different kind of discomfort and that is perfectly fine.

Your eyes are relaxing from the spasm. Look around the house or outside the window.

Yes use them instead of naked eye.

Offline johnlink

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »
Let your eyes wonder.

Do you mean "wander"? That's not the same as "wonder".

Offline Steven

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 08:55:55 AM »
Let your eyes wonder.

Do you mean "wander"? That's not the same as "wonder".

Wander yes, sorry for the mistake, i am in a hurry.

Try not to focus on fixed points. Move you eyes inside the blur. Avoid staring. Make very short and fast movements.

Offline saksham

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 08:56:49 AM »
thank you steve,
because I am long myopic patient
I checked my previous glasses, one pair I have found right now whicj I suppose to be of -2 or -3
I will get them checked

I will be putting the glasses with +4 now on naked eye for 20 minutes daily and use the minus as less as possible

thank you for your guidance
 :D

saksham

Offline Steven

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 08:59:26 AM »
thank you steve,
because I am long myopic patient
I checked my previous glasses, one pair I have found right now whicj I suppose to be of -2 or -3
I will get them checked

I will be putting the glasses with +4 now on naked eye for 20 minutes daily and use the minus as less as possible

thank you for your guidance
 :D

saksham

Yes, use your older pair of glasses for school mostly (check what power they are first) and try to move closer to the blackboard, in the first row if possible.

I went from -4 to -2.
Right now i continue to improve my eyesight.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:03:43 AM by Steven »

Offline johnlink

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:01 AM »

If I remember correctly, you clear 20/20 with about a -6. That means that the far point for your naked eyes is about 1/6 of a meter, or 39/6 inches, which is 6.5 inches. Is anything in focus beyond that distance?

If you need a -6 to clear 20/20 and you wear a +4 then your far point becomes 1/10 of a meter, or 3.9 inches. That means that you would see in focus only within 4 inches of your eyes. If you walk around like that everything will be blurry. I predict that you brain will just give up.

Offline saksham

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 09:28:02 AM »
hi everyone

steven I am eagerly waiting for your post on your method

john, I think there is no harm in trying to use the +4 lenses over my naked for an hour each day
the worst possible is I may end up eith a headache and money spent on those +4 will be a waste
but I can afford that
:P

saksham

Offline johnlink

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 09:29:52 AM »
hello everyone
if I have -6 myopia I should add a strong plus so it becomes -2. or does it means I should use a strong plus for example.  a  +2 ??

With -6 myopia a -2 lens will give you a far point at about 1/4 of a meter, or 9.75 inches. That's a possible distance for reading, but I think it's a pretty close distance. With -6 myopia a +2 lens will give you a far point of 1/8 of a meter, or 4.875 inches, which is way too close for reading. Please tell us what distance is comfortable for reading. For example, given your current setup of your computer, how far is your monitor from your eyes?

Offline saksham

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 09:58:33 AM »
I use my mobilephone
and it is generally at a distance of 18 cm

Offline johnlink

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 10:19:38 AM »
I use my mobilephone
and it is generally at a distance of 18 cm

18 cm = 7 inches

18 cm = .18 meters = 1/.18 diopters = 5.5 D

You said you clear 20/20 with about -6 D, which implies a far point of 1/6 meters or 16.7 cm. So when you read at 18 cm you are just outside your far point, so I imagine you're getting a little blur (i.e., you're pushing print). Is that right? In any case I do not see any advantage for you to use any glasses at all when reading at a distance of 18 cm. With your naked eyes you're reading in the neighborhood of your far point, which means your ciliary muscles are not doing any accommodation. If you wear a plus lens your far point will be reduced to less than 18 cm and everything will be blurry at that distance.

Offline johnlink

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 11:21:04 AM »
I am certain you know the calculations and "math" - for these optics - so I do not "dispute" you.  We both agree.

However, I find that it just does not work.

It might or might not work. The calculations do work pretty well for me. My contacts let me just clear 20/20. When I use my new +1.75 glasses (with a focal length of 22.5 inches) over my contacts to read my computer monitor which is 22.5 inches away I get a little blur, as expected from the calculations.

If a person wants to find the "just blur" point - he must actually push work away until it "just blurs".  That MIGHT be at the calculated point - but it might be much further.  What Sakham should do, with no lens, is to push the work away until it blurs, and the pull in slightly.  If that is at 15 inches - and he is comfortable - then he should read at that distance - if he can.

I agree.