Author Topic: My new +1.75 reading glasses arrived today  (Read 7457 times)

Offline johnlink

Re: My new +1.75 reading glasses arrived today
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »
John, your progress is great. I'm very impressed with your diligence.

I have to be careful to not let my diligence become an obsession. Maybe it's already too late!

And it is interesting to hear that the astigmatism seems to be decreasing.

Yes, and just after a few days of using the new +1.75 glasses over my contacts when working at the computer.

Offline johnlink

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 05:44:44 AM »
I reported above that I've been doing a few minutes of print pushing with my naked eyes and that the astigmatic blur in my right eye is now substantially less than it had been. It also seems that for both eyes I can push the print further away and still have it in focus. I haven't made a measurement with a ruler, but it seems that I am extending my arm further. Certainly when I can extend my arm all the way I will have made quite a lot of progress. I wonder how soon that will be.

Offline johnlink

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 05:27:12 AM »
Here's something else I just noticed: When I use my toric right contact lens to look at the image in http://forum.gettingstronger.org/index.php/topic,468.msg3986.html#msg3986 I see the lines close to horizontal as darkest, while with my naked right eye I see the lines closest to vertical as darkest. I interpret that to mean that my toric lens is now an over-correction for my astigmatism. I did not look at that image with my toric right contact lens before I started my vision-improvement program, so I do not know whether I was over-corrected for astigmatism before I started my program. In any case my new observation is consistent with my impression that my astigmatism has reduced.