Author Topic: Optometrists, Scientific HONESTY and OD Insults.  (Read 1861 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Optometrists, Scientific HONESTY and OD Insults.
« on: March 26, 2013, 03:52:19 AM »
Subject: I believe in searching for scientific truth.

Regarding:  I expect sincere answers - not insults - when I ask about the proven effect of a minus on the eye.

Here is a video by an optometrist - arguing for prevention.

I truly "gave up" on ODs a long time ago.  I know the  minus "works" and is impressive.  But it is (in a deeper scientific sense - destructive).

You can't go to an OD for "help" - because he will tell you that you are 1) Stupid, 2) Don't "understand science", 3)  If you wish prevention - then do it yourself.

But, don't believe me, read what they have to say.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Optometrists, Scientific HONESTY and OD Insults.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:55:04 AM »
Yes, it is possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCKDRe_Y8kM

So to save arguments, let us just call this the second-opinion.

I would also refer you to Dr. Ales Fraunfeld, for his medical work on prevention.  In the final analysis - true prevention is personal.  But I would discourage you from attempting a rational scientific discussion with an OD - when you point out that a minus lens indeed, "causes myopia" in all natural eyes.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:56:00 AM »

Mike Tyner OD's response:

Did you get that list of textbooks I sent you?

Did you ever find out why they don't include your plus lens prevention?

I'll send them again if you need it.

-MT

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 03:57:29 AM »
HI Mike,

Did you ever examine scientific proof that the fundamental eye is a  dynamic system - as in engineering-science.

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wildsoet/images/neg_lens_induce_myopia.swf

Or do you love your "office position" so much - that you can't think  straight?

It is obvious that you can't understand a "top down" design of a  sophisticated control system - that has objectively measured  refractive STATES - and is not a "failure" that you prefer to explain   to others.

Enjoy,,

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 04:01:55 AM »
Subject:  There are ODs who have been intelligent about this difficult problem.
Regarding:  Mike Tyner is not one of them.

Tyner>  Which textbook has published your cartoon?

Tyner> Which textbooks does your video appear in?

Otis>  I regret to say that plus-prevention is difficult.  But I truly "give up" on this type of arrogant person.  My opinion of ODs keeps on going "lower" - if that is possible.  I do have a video where they present there scientific-concepts. 

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 04:08:16 AM »

Subject:  This is the type of science Mike Tyner OD - LEARNS IN OPTOMETRY COLLEGE.

Regarding:  HOW GOOD IS THE “PURE SCIENCE” CAPABILITY OF YOUR “WORST CASE” OPTOMETRIST?

Here are two eye doctors discussing questions in fundamental physics to establish their skills in pure science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R1GxWZMFys&feature=related

Most OD are not like the two in this video.  But how could anyone with a BS and a  ”Doctorate” in SCIENCE, be so totally incompetent in science?

I truly think ODs who get out of optometry school - should be REQUIRED to take an "exit exam" to prove have more scientific insight than these two optometrists.

I don't like to insults people - in an INTELLIGENT ANLYTICAL DISCUSSION - but I do not like my intelligence to be insulted either.

Choose  your experts - with wisdom.

Otis

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »

Subject: Forgive me - but I have my own trial lens and Snellen - and check my own refractive state - myself.

This is a "skit"  - but it is close to reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2M-24w5qk

I would never ask an OD - in an office -  to help me with plus-prevention.  There minds are some where else.

Otis