Author Topic: How to Apply Hormesis to Waking  (Read 1650 times)

Offline StephanieD

How to Apply Hormesis to Waking
« on: May 31, 2013, 08:19:09 AM »
I've been reading through the articles and posts relating to sleep but I haven't found a protocol for those with trouble waking. I have no problem falling asleep or staying asleep. Sleeping over 9 hours is a normal occurrence for me. But I have a difficult time waking up and specifically getting out of bed. I'm pretty sure the advice I'm going to get is to set an alarm and to get out I bed as soon as it rings with no snooze option or lounging in bed allowed. But what time should I set the alarm for? How can I apply hormesis so that the use of an alarm clock is not a crutch that I become dependent on but something that makes me stronger and more resilient in the long run?

Does anyone have some insight on this topic or links to articles about hormesis and waking up?

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: How to Apply Hormesis to Waking
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 04:01:27 AM »
There are many joints problems that doctors suggest getting new shoes with good shock absorbing soles (silicone) especially for knee problems, sciatica and back pain. But in this Todd's interview he even suggests walking barefoot for some time for the same problems as a hormetic solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct_dhIdJoW0