Author Topic: Why medical people - insist recovery will NEVER be possible.  (Read 1532 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Subject:  Why I don't argue with "Medical People".

They have concluded that "in their office" they have NO responsibility for any "prevention".

I object.  That is not quite right.  But I do say that consider recovery has been attempted and achieved.  For this reason I publish the following success from -4.0 diopters.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Why medical people - insist recovery will NEVER be possible.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 08:23:27 AM »
Subject: Steven's current success - posted here by Steven.

It is true that Steven is working his way out-of -5.0 D (Sph-Equ.)  That is indeed a "long-path" to take.  He is currently, "on the Snellen", which I mean reading the DMV requirements (which range from 20/60 to 20/40).  He can avoid wearing the minus, and continue his wearing of the plus.

There is a problem with "medical people" - and you must UNDERSTAND IT.  The deal with massively ignorant people. They deal with people who can not "reason out" why the minus is a terrible and exacerbating lens.  They do not wish to talk about the requirement that a person be both very smart, and motivated by his own desire to avoid becoming serious myopic (from even starting the wearing of the plus when you are at 20/50.)

I find it impossible to "reason" with a medical person how takes that "position".  I avoid "anger", but I must understand WHY, if you wish prevention you must get 1) Your own Snellen, 2) A low-cost trial lens kit, and 3) Put a bright light on it.  4) Do not bother "involving" a medical person because 1) They insist that "just prevention" is totally out-of-the question 2) The minus works always in my office 3) Why would anyone wish to take on the responsibility to do prevention under *HIS* control.

No, I am not "anti-medicine", rather, I am "pro-" intelligent motivated person - objectively passing his DMV test, and better if he will make the continued effort.

I will post the "medical arguments" as to why true-prevention will ALWAYS BE IMPOSSIBLE. Then you judge for yourself.

Subject:  Why I don't argue with "Medical People".

They have concluded that "in their office" they have NO responsibility for any "prevention".

I object.  That is not quite right.  But I do say that consider recovery has been attempted and achieved.  For this reason I publish the following success from -4.0 diopters.

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Why medical people - insist recovery will NEVER be possible.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:29:26 AM »
Subject: Why an ophthalmologist is "defeated" in his office.

First video — What is a negative refractive state of the natural eye — in objective science?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viDTbtpfpac&feature=related

Second — “Does wearing a minus lens (intended to “fix” your distant vision) only accelerate the natural eye’s response to both long-term near, compounded by a strong minus lens?”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Ve28jfO7Y&feature=related

In an office, it is very easy to demonstrate the effect of minus lens on the natural eye.

There are a number of reasons to believe that while necessary for the “short term”, the minus should not be worn if the person still can read the 20/40  line or better.

This becomes a matter of, “informed choice”, to  personally choose to wear the plus (by your wisdom and long-term control), or not.

This site is to define why it would be necessary and wise to begin wearing a preventive plus at the 20/40 level.

+++++

I always hope to have an intelligent wide-range discussion about prevention - under control of the person himself.  But  that never happens. The doctor is always insulted, and I can angry about his refusal to actually LOOK at science and facts.  Here is the objective fact about the effect a plus can have no the refractive status of the eye.  (Please note that this is "speeded up", but in fact shows the scientific basis as to why a person can be successful with the plus.)

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wildsoet/images/pos_lens_induce_hyperopia.swf

That is why prevention is indeed wise and possible.

Enjoy,