Author Topic: can plus lens (using to reverse myopia ) cause vision problem??  (Read 2292 times)

Offline roxen

whenever i do print pushing with plus lens i feel problem in focusing close text's so, its just temporary or can it really imbalace my vision with time???? please someone guide me on this topic.

Offline roxen

Re: can plus lens (using to reverse myopia ) cause vision problem??
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:09:49 PM »
Hi Otis,

what's your myopic prescription right now or your myopia free now??

Offline roxen

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 08:57:44 PM »
What was your myopic prescription when you started defocus training and how much time it took you to achieve this positive refractive stage???

Offline Myoctim

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 04:20:46 AM »
Hi roxen,

IMHO the only problem could be messing up your stereo vision.

When the eyes are accomodating they also turn inwards following a 'learned ratio'.
When using a plus or a minus lens this ratio changes and your brain must relearn that new ratio to avoid double vision.

While most people easily adapt a few others don't. So you need to check out if the benefit of reducing your myopia is worth the possible trouble of adapting to that changed AC/C ratio.

Offline roxen

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 04:48:43 AM »
Hi Roxen,

I have spelled out my personal visual history here:

http://gettingstronger.org/2010/07/improve-eyesight-and-throw-away-your-glasses/

I am, however curious about:

1) Your current Snellen reading
2) Your current prescription and
3) Are you now a student?

Thanks!

Otis

What was your myopic prescription when you started defocus training and how much time it took you to achieve this positive refractive stage???

hi otis,

i can read 20/40 line on my snellen at home and sometimes 20/30 with my right eye.

my current refractive status are -1 in right eye and -1.25 in left as i have already told you.

yes i am a student just completed my graduation.