Author Topic: Best meal to skip for intermittent fasting  (Read 1871 times)

Offline bagelong

Best meal to skip for intermittent fasting
« on: July 16, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »
Hello all, I am new to the board.  Forgive me if this question has been answered a million times, but I am wondering which meal to skip for the maximal benefit.  I have taken on the pattern of fasting from lunch until breakfast every other day.  In other words, I am skipping dinner every other day.  I picked skipping dinner because I thought it had been mentioned in one of the articles that there are greater benefits of fasting during sleep.  Then, I read about the "fast-5 diet" which seems to follow the pattern of concentrating eating during the evening hours.  I really want to gain the maximum benefits if I am going to fast, so I would appreciate any information. 

Offline Todd Becker

• Administrator
Re: Best meal to skip for intermittent fasting
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 08:47:58 PM »
Hi Bagelog,

I personally find skipping breakfast and lunch to be the most comfortable, and I've adapted to it.  But sometimes I mix it up and instead skip dinner.  I don't think there is a single best way to do it.  Experiment and find what works best for you.  Everyone has a different daily routine and one has to consider not just pure biology, but also personality, work or school appointments, and social interactions.   On the fast-5 website, you'll find many different approaches.  And you'll get other ideas if you go to Martin Berkhan's Leangains site -- particularly regarding the benefits of combining intermittent fasting with exericise.

Good luck,

Todd