Author Topic: Update  (Read 6137 times)

Offline Steven

Re: Update
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 12:17:21 AM »

Working the blur is interesting. I suspect that even in this past month, I had had a little improvement in my myopia, judging by how clear my spare pair of glasses seem to be.  (The Snellen chart I ordered has not arrived yet.)

Hillyman, I think that if you reduce close strain and work on the blur gazing, your vision will improve, even with naked-eyes. You can also check out the plus lens of course.

The reason why I'm not saying much on this, is that I discovered that the indiscriminate use of plus lens doesn't always work for me. I'm kind of in hibernation, waiting for my experimental data. I have learnt to be careful in what I said, because my ideas change fairly quickly.

Tom: You were at -11...so where are you now? I have a colleague who is at -12, and he seemed very interested in reducing his myopia.  I want to be able to encourage him by citing hour example.

The -10/-11 is from my last OD visit. I don't know my exact diopter. My far point measurement is hovering around 12cm, but then remember that that's the measurement from Snellen to my chin.

It doesn't matter if the brain gets used or not. A stronger plus, no matter if the brain gets used or not is influencing the eye not the brain.

Steven, that's also what I thought years ago. It turns out that the strain induced by plus lens is not the one that helped me improved - at some point this effect wears off, and it's not just that the improvement slows down.

The eye will get used only when the power of rejection is stronger then the power of the lens. Imagine you need to force you eye to become shorter but the +2 is simply not going to give you 20/20 anytime soon.

I hope you're correct. But I fear that at some point your eye will just get used to the blur, even with +10D on. There's a study on tree shrew claiming that while +5D after wearing -5D "competes against hyperopic defocus," wearing a +10D after the -5D actually worsens the myopia.

STOP WEARING THE MINUS LENS AND KEEP USING A VERY STRONG PLUS
CHECK YOUR SNELLEN EVERY DAY SAME HOUR !!!

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT FAKE SCIENTIFIC PAPER THEN STOP PRETENDING YOU WANT TO FIX YOUR MYOPIA.

+10 WILL BRING YOU TO 20/8 BUT OF COURSE YOU HAVE TO STOP WEARING THE MINUS.

Offline Steven

Re: Update
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 12:19:26 AM »

1. Correct. Having 20/40 means my eye is around -2. So i would need -2 to read 20/20.

My understanding is that for most people, 20/40 corresponds to -1, not to -2 (furthermore, 20/25 corresponds to -0.25, 20/30 corresponds to -0.50, and 20/35 corresponds to -0.75). Have you verified that need a -2 to read 20/20?

You want the truth or you want lies ? ? ?

If you want the truth you have to learn the absolute values.

20/20 is not 0

http://merit.clan.su/index/guide_for_eye_control/0-26