Author Topic: My vision improvement so far.  (Read 5626 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Re: My vision improvement so far.
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 04:58:24 PM »
Hi Chirs,

In doing my research, I was "staggered" about the true difficulty of "just prevention".  I certainly will never say "easy" or "cure".  This idea comes from various studies that I have posted.  My "compromise" is that I always personally verify that I read and exceed the 20/40 line.  The "plus 2.5 diopter" lens is best for 50 cm for you at this time.

No one can "speed up" the change you need, of about +3/4 diopters.  The fact that you know how to check - is a very powerful strength you now have.  [Shadowfoot did have some private conversations with me about this issue.]  He was never down to -2.0 diopters and 20/200 as you were.  So he got back to 20/20 fairly rapidly.  I know you wish fast results - but in my opinion you are still "recovering" from you -2.0 diopter status.  Just passing the 20/40 (and wearing no minus lens) is great.

Shadowfoot meant that, when you read at 20 inches, and read through a +2.5 diopter lens -- that is the same thing as though your reading material is a "infinity".  Thus your accommodation system is convinced that your book is "in the distance." 

It is the same thing as "living out doors" all the time.  We know that the Eskimos who "live out doors", simply do not develop negative status for their natural eyes.  There is nothing special about +2.5 diopters - only that you can read comfortably through them for all the close work you are going to be doing in college.  Just be patient and persistent - and keep on wearing the plus.

The LAST part is the hardest.  That is impatience.  You must have a certain belief in yourself, and the fact that others have "stuck to it".  Remember our eyes "go down" slowly, and the "come up" slowly.  This is where the idea of "plateau" is important.  You will keep on wearing the plus, and monitor a brightly lit Snellen.  Then one day, you will start seeing a range of 20/18 to 20/30.  (The variation is part of improvement.) Then you just keep on wearing the plus - to "lock in" that improvement.  I urge you to just keep on wearing the plus for all close work, computers and reading - and I think you will be successful.  (There is a lot more we can discuss, but this is the most difficult phase of improvement.)

Otis, I must say I appreciate the time you take to completely answer my questions and doubts. Thank you very much. It's indeed difficult at some extent to stick to wearing the plus. However, my problem is not wearing the plus but the impatience I get sometimes of just wanting to get back my vision again. Anyways, I'm till here exercising my eyes bringing the stimulus they need to change positively.

I was wondering something though. I read in some post +2.5 was equivalent to looking far into the distance. Did he mean from Shadowfoot where he said that, according to Todd, wearing a at wearing a+2.5 at 50 cm is the same as looking meters and meters away? Or what's special about the +2.5 compared to the other plus lenses?

*** To provide support for you, I have prepared a video to review your success to date, in a few days. ****

Chris
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:13:04 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 08:54:48 AM »
Dear Chris,

Subject: My support to encourage you to continue - with your success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCHD5SQDH2M

You have been successful thus far.  The real issue is to continue with your self-discipline,  knowledge and wisdom in this effort.

Otis
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 08:56:43 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline chris1213

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 10:19:38 PM »
Otis,

That's exactly what I needed to know about the +2.5. Thank you.

I'm going to keep on doing the exercises, trying to maintain and add more good habits, and hopefully I'll experience good results. Even though I get desperate, I still have my hopes up.

I'll keep you updated on any results.

Chris

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 09:23:01 AM »
Hi Chris,

Subject: The type of person - who is likely to succeed.

Item: I describe critical success as reading the 20/40 line on your own Snellen.

I think "recovery" is indeed difficult, and most people simply lack the fortitude to systematically wear the plus (like brushing your teeth) on a regular basis.  My basis suggestions are these.

1) Set a reasonable goal (that we ALL know will take time), that is POSSIBLE.  (Read all the letters on the 20/40 line
2) Be prepared, to keep this up for six months.  You have been wise to read your Snellen - so you know the average of the line you read.  You can judge "doing better" - from this point forward, from long-term wearing of a plus.
3) Don't expect results for about two or three months.  You must have faith in yourself, and the process you are using.
4) Since you know this will take time - just stop by and post your commentary on these topics.
5) I have proposed a study (based on a person like yourself).  So what you observe, understand, judge and do, is very important for that type of study.

Best,

Otis

Otis,

That's exactly what I needed to know about the +2.5. Thank you.

I'm going to keep on doing the exercises, trying to maintain and add more good habits, and hopefully I'll experience good results. Even though I get desperate, I still have my hopes up.

I'll keep you updated on any results.

Chris
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:25:20 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline chris1213

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 03:29:08 PM »
I will try to set a goal, keep you updated and give you as much information as you may need from my results.

Something I noticed is that it's harder to do this plus "exercise" with a computer, and even harder when it has low resolution. It's easier and better to do it with a fine print as Todd explains, because I've been trying to do it while working on my computer and it doesn't seem to be working at all.

Chris