Author Topic: Plus Lenses While Wearing Contacts  (Read 10291 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Plus Lenses While Wearing Contacts
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 09:42:54 AM »

Hi John,

The issue of "detal" is a matter for the person (you) to decide.

If you should decide that plus-prevention is a "big joke" and "will not work" - I would have no problem with your judgment.

It is ALL up to you.  It is NOT up to me. It is not up to TODD.  Only yourself.

Good lluck!

JOHN
In that case it appears that you disagree with the recommendation of Todd Becker:

Otis>
I find that GOOD FRIENDS will in fact diagree on small details - that is totally normal.  You will simply have to sort out what YOU intend to do about your own visual future.

Good luck!

I agree that good friends will disagree about small details and even LARGE details! I think that a recommendation of using no correction or using a correction that gives a little blur is a LARGE detail.

As you have probably guessed, I am currently sorting out what I intend to do to improve my vision. I'm glad to have found this forum, and expect that I will learn much here, especially from what you have written and what you will write.

John Link

Offline johnlink

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 09:50:36 AM »

If you should decide that plus-prevention is a "big joke" and "will not work" - I would have no problem with your judgment.

I do not think that plus prevention is a joke. I am simply looking for the most efficient way to implement it.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »
Hii John,

I consider prevention (at 20/40 to 20/60) to be VERY SERIOUS.  I also consider it VERY DIFFICULT.  Recovery from THAT 20/60 is possible - if the person can convince himself that he MUST wear a plus for all close work.  Most people can not convince themselves to do that - sorry to say.

Offline johnlink

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
I consider prevention (at 20/40 to 20/60) to be VERY SERIOUS.  I also consider it VERY DIFFICULT.  Recovery from THAT 20/60 is possible - if the person can convince himself that he MUST wear a plus for all close work.  Most people can not convince themselves to do that - sorry to say.

Most people are too lazy to do all sorts of things that would improve themselves and instead look for a quick fix like a pill or negative glasses. But there are some of us who are willing to do the work necessary to improve ourselves. As a teacher of the Feldenkrais Method I am most successful helping those sorts of people.

Offline Hillyman

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 07:55:52 AM »
I will keep pushing to reduce my prescription and return here to keep learning and submitting updates.

I wonder if SeekingKnowledge has an update for us!