Author Topic: Lenticular Astigmatisme  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Myoctim

Lenticular Astigmatisme
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:52:58 AM »
Hi everyone,

I started to recover after practising 'print pushing' as described on Todd's main blog (Thx Todd!)

Unfortunately after recovering by 0.5 D my vertical axis seemed to hit a plateau while my horizontal axis continued to recover.
Now I'm at -1.5 D with -1.2 D of astigmatisme.

According to my cornea plot less than 0.5 D are corneal astigmatisme. Using spherical equivalent prescription I only can see well at day light. But clear flashes giving me much better vision. So I don't think they are a kind of tear fluid lens effect. How that tear lens could exactly compensate for all that values including axis by chance?

It is said corneal astigmatisme decreasing when spherical values get lower but what about lenticular astigmatisme?

Offline Myoctim

Re: Lenticular Astigmatisme
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 04:39:52 AM »
Hi TomLu,

Thx for your reply and those interesting links. Looks like corneal astigmatisme shouldn't be much a problem.

there also is an other interesting link posted by Dr. Alex's participant Scott:

http://www.nick-lane.net/Thegreataccommodation.pdf

it seems 'the lens continues to grow with age resulting in gradual loss of tension on the zonules'.
So if that loss beeing uneven around the different zonules I could imagine that causing some astigmatisme.

But it also could be due to some uneven relaxation from pseudo myopia.

Also it is said the refractive index of the lens changing so I wonder if that also could be the case in some ot those rapid
myopia rehab success on Dr. Alex's site?