Author Topic: Video now posted for my talk on "Physical improvements using hormesis"  (Read 3874 times)

Offline Todd Becker

• Administrator
I have now uploaded a link to the video from the web conference talk I gave on "Physical improvements using hormesis" at the HealthActivator conference on June 19, 2013.  While the video shows the slides as well as me speaking, the slides are sometimes partially blog by a "chat" dialogue box, so I have also provided a separate link to a clean pdf of the slides.

Physical improvements using hormesis

The talk covers the basic principles of hormesis and how to apply them to improve in four areas:

> Physical strength
 > Vision improvement
 > Metabolic health
 > Immune health

« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:04:37 PM by Todd Becker »

Online OtisBrown

Re: Video now posted for my talk on "Physical improvements using hormesis"
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 01:05:57 PM »
Hi Todd,

That was an excellent review. Thanks for your success in restoring your distant vision - by your own intelligence, wisdom, and persistence.

Otis

Offline Todd Becker

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 09:07:44 AM »
Glad you liked it, Otis.   

It's amazing how many people are unaware and even shocked to realize that they have within their own control the ability to reverse myopia and improve their vision.   The concept of hormesis -- making things more difficult so that the body adjusts to make things easier -- is often hard to grasp, but once people get it, I often hear the "aha" insight reaction:  It makes so much sense and explains why their reliance on glasses over the years has made things worse, not better.

Appreciating how hormesis applies in many different areas -- not just eyesight improvement, but also strengthening of muscles, metabolism, immunity and psychological resilience -- is a powerful way to instill confidence that we are adaptive organisms with the power to change and improve our health in many ways.

Todd

Offline Todd Becker

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 05:16:37 PM »
Nice examples, TomLu.

As a fellow drummer, I will concur that hormesis is a good model for learning a skill.  You need to keep pushing the limit, in bite sized increments.  As with other applications of hormesis, effective learning benefits from alternating between intensity and rest.  This also applies to book learning -- good students learn that they can't cram facts in a single session.  Facts and skills need to be drilled -- and then given time to consolidate.

Todd
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 05:19:01 PM by Todd Becker »

Offline EugeneS

• Club Kozak
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 12:31:20 PM »
Someone should monitor this forum..spam here.

Offline EugeneS

• Club Kozak
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 05:32:43 AM »
Thank you Todd. Didn't want this forum run over and ruined by spam. Great info here!