Author Topic: Useful links and videos  (Read 3839 times)

Offline Hekzzz

Useful links and videos
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:52:55 PM »
 Hi guys, i'm a newcomer. i think i've already introduced myself in the "eyesight without glasses" topi (pag 68).
As i've said, i searched this form for a little while, And i'm a little confused about the d1, d2 and d3 distances, and about my readings at the swellen, it should be a d2 or d3 like image to be considered a "reading"?

and about the practices, can i extend it for some hours? an by being aways distance viewing, its possible to develop prebyopia? what power should i use?

I'm, 19 years old, and about -2.00 in my last prescription. and 20/80.

Forgive my english, i'm not  an english speaker

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: Useful links and videos
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 12:55:28 PM »
Hi Hekzzz,
where exactly you refer to with d1, d2...?

Offline Hekzzz

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
D1: Edge of focus

D2: Edge of blur

D3: a blurried stage where you can "guess" the letters.

At least, this is what i understood.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:44:48 PM by Hekzzz »

Offline Hekzzz

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 03:37:32 PM »
I was wondering, if the normal vision is 20/20, and i about 20/15 with my glasses, does that means that i'm overprescripted?

Offline FonkStreet

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 04:12:23 PM »
Hi,

You are over prescribed for close work but not necessarily for distant vision.

20/20 is just a ratio, some eyes have worse or better than that.

You must reading at D2. You are at -2 thus throw away your glasses and try to read a little most far as 50cm (1/2).

You will not develop presbyopia.

Offline Hekzzz

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 12:21:12 AM »
i've been doing that for some time (a couple of weeks), and the distance i could read increased a little bit (changes during the day, but mostly is just about  my arm), and reading further away is getting a bit inpractical.
i've bought a 1.25 plus this week, though i cant use it while using the computer yet, its really confortable for reading.

Is it normal to get this funny feeling while print pushing? i'm not sure how to describe it, its not like strain or squinting. Either way, i suppose i should keep doing this for about 6 months, if my vision stops worsening, it will be already a good advance for me. I'm starting 3ยบ year in college, still have a long road of studying and probably computer work even after finishing it.

Offline FonkStreet

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 02:19:21 AM »
Is it normal to get this funny feeling while print pushing? i'm not sure how to describe it, its not like strain or squinting.

It's normal because it's like to focus at distance. Your eyes don't need to accommodate.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 05:11:04 AM »
When your vision gets better you can have two glasses of plus, the old one for the computer and the new stronger one for reading, instead of changing the lenses.

Offline Hekzzz

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 02:14:45 PM »
Does anyone know how to get rid of floaters?  i'm stuck with them almost since i started to wear glasses. and they're annoyn and troubles me a lot.

Offline CapitalPrince

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 04:11:16 PM »
did the glasses cause the floaters?

Offline Hekzzz

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 04:47:54 PM »
Who knows? first, "my doctor" said that everybody does have and it was the natural aging od the eyes, so i thought it was normal, even being 17 at that time. it seens that myopes usually have them.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 05:13:23 PM »
Hi Hekzzz,

You are correct.  In fact I strongly argued for my nephew to wear a plus (in high school) to avoid "getting into myopia" by wearing the plus - persistency.

The reason was not "just to avoid" mild nearsightedness.  It was to avoid floaters, and "detached retina" (in later life).  Detached retina his highly probably, the more myopic you become.  (Because you wore a strong minus all the time.)  It is the third cause of blindness in "older age".

I would gladly wear the plus to "keep" 20/40, on my own - given that degree of threat.  I know you will make your own choice about this issue.

Who knows? first, "my doctor" said that everybody does have and it was the natural aging od the eyes, so i thought it was normal, even being 17 at that time. it seens that myopes usually have them.

Offline Hekzzz

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »
Thanks Otis.

Actually i've read many suscessful reports including that one. I started to think about taking more care of my eyes  since the beggning of the last year, and in fact, i've reduced 0.25 prescription on both eyes. That may not sound that great. But until then, every time i got to the office was always the same thing,  " Oh, my myopia/astigmatism, increased 0.25" it was really frustrating, but that time was different, AND who measured it was the doctor himself. I may not be very nearsighted, but when the ground beneath my feet started to get blurred, then it was time (maybe a littlelate) to do something by myself. I tried bates, but after the initial hitback of 0.25 i hit a plateau, and i dont really know how, i ended up in this forum.

Now, Makes sense for me about my eyes having estabilized but not getting better. Because Bates was all about eliminating strain and no stimulus at all.
Like i wrote before, my initial prescription was -1.5 for both eyes, and my goal is to go back to there in about 6 month - 1 year. I believe at that point i would not need glasses at all, even being nearsighted. And lastly, with glasses, i'm not 20/15 but 20/13. maybe i could do better if my glasses didn't  make the things smaller...

Thanks for the help and sugestion.

PS: There's any problem if i keep using this topics to ask questions and stuff? tough i don't mind moving it or using another topic at all...

Offline Hekzzz

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 07:28:25 PM »
Indeed,I can consciously induce flash to read 20/50. but as its not my "defaut" vision, and it gives me strain, i dont consider it as my actual value on swellen (20/80). And in the mornings, with bright sunlight, i can do even better than 20/50. But thats not "my default" vision, as i've said.

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 12:38:27 AM »
@Hekzzz
I believe vision with glasses at 20/15 or 20/13 can slow down a lot your progress.
About eye floaters I have them too and since OD's checked me for years and there is no problem in the retina it is not severe. Since I started vision improvement with the Bates method I have not developed even one more. With time you get used to them and not be annoyed even in sun.

http://forum.gettingstronger.org/index.php/topic,101.0.html