Author Topic: Vision improvement discussion on Facebook  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Todd Becker

• Administrator
Vision improvement discussion on Facebook
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:01:32 PM »
Dear friends,

To help start up the Facebook page for Getting Stronger, I've reposted links to my original blog article on vision improvement.  I've also posted a link to the interview that Alex Frauenfeld did with me.  To help increase cross-traffic between this Discussion Forum, I'd greatly appreciate if those of you who post here could add some comments on the Facebook site -- particularly relating your experience  with print pushing, plus lenses, or other incremental defocus techniques.

https://www.facebook.com/gettingstrongerblog

The Facebook page is getting a lot of visits, likes and followers...but needs more active discussion.  Please take a few minutes to add your comments there.  :)

Thanks!

Todd

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Vision improvement discussion on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 05:52:19 AM »
Hi Todd,

I have added my comments to FaceBook - and suggest that others provide their remarks.  Todd, you provide valuable data on the possibility of successful prevention.  Problem solving -- requires, interest, insight, and active motivation.

Thanks!

Offline Arachne

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 06:08:32 AM »
Although I'm happy to discuss vision improvement in Discussion Groups, Blogs and Forums such as this one, I do it in relative anonymity using a pseudonym. The trouble with Facebook is that I don't particularly want to discuss my personal eye health under my own name and profile pic, for it to be seen by all sorts of people I don't know. I don't know if there's a way of avoiding that. On the rare occasions that I make comments on Facebook, I often remove my comment pretty soon after I've made my point, depending on whether it's likely to be seen by just "friends" or by a bunch of complete strangers as well as my friends. And obviously, if I limit my comments to "just friends" then there's no point in making the comment!! Is there a way around this problem?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:12:14 AM by Arachne »

Offline Todd Becker

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 08:45:00 AM »
Arachne,

I definitely understand your reluctance.  Whether to post publicly or anonymously is a personal decision.  I do notice that many use Facebook without a profile pic (or using pictures of cats or other funny images), and have no personal details on their public Facebook pages.   You can also set up Facebook "pages" (like my Getting Stronger page as an example) that don't even need to publicly reveal the author's name.

That said, I appreciate those, like yourself, who contribute to this forum - questions, concerns, and results.  It's always useful to see what works or doesn't work for others.

Todd