Author Topic: What is the correct way to use a plus?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline videogamer

What is the correct way to use a plus?
« on: January 31, 2014, 12:32:22 PM »
Whats the correct way to use a plus lens. Keep in mind im -3.25
Right now im wearing my +1 glasses. Is plus only beneficial if u stay within the edge of blur or near the edge of focus? Or can i look farther than 6' which is all blur and still get the same benefits?

And another question; is 1-3 hours a day wearing + the max for benefits? Or could wearing + all day be even more beneficial?

Offline CapitalPrince

Re: What is the correct way to use a plus?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »
some people have reported little/no improvement when they read too far in the blur such as http://forum.gettingstronger.org/index.php/topic,383.msg2698.html#msg2698

there's also some studies, i think, that suggests that excessively degraded image quality does not stop myopia progression in animals.

so i think its best to read with a small amount of blur (with or without plus), when you feel just a slight discomfort on the eyes. but see what works best for you.

progress really depends on many factors. more time does not necessary bring about faster progress. for your myopia theres no need to wear a plus all day.

Offline videogamer

Re: What is the correct way to use a plus?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 01:49:22 AM »
its weird cus i seem to have the opposite experience so far, thought i cant say for certain.
when I sit at the tv which is 6' away, if I wear 2.50 I can see the txts and picture at 90% clarity, and no matter how long or little I watch it doesnt seem to get any clearer, its a tad in the blur.

But when I put on my -2.00, literally withing 2 mins the 60% blurry pic where I cant read txt, suddenly its more like 75% clear and I can read the txts, of course it actually made my eyes feel like they were working harder, gave me a headache, idk what it all means but my eyes seem to temporarily adjust to see slightly sharper with more than just a lil blur.

Same with computer, when I stay with just a not too noticeable slight blur I dont notice it getting clearer but seemed like when I had the blur down to 70% clear my eyes seem to get clearer on and off, when I first wore my 1.25 in the beginning of january I was prolly 15" away from screen reading this with an ever so slight 90% clear blurness, now I stay in 70-77% clear at 20"-22"
I havnt done it all long enough to know which overall is better, but so far my own eyes seem to clear more noticeable when blur is more than the recommended. But I do notice it also matters how rested my eyes are.
In the early after my eyes adjust faster ro the 70% clearness, but right noiw at 1:48am Im reading in blue that stays in 70-75% area without much if any clearing. would love anyones opinion on what Im doing and what worked best for them blur wise.