Author Topic: From 20/60 to 20/20 in three months?  (Read 1098 times)

Offline OtisBrown

From 20/60 to 20/20 in three months?
« on: February 17, 2014, 04:12:58 AM »
I totally support Dr. Alex and his efforts.  He is the only person I know of who is making a commitment for prevention.

http://frauenfeldclinic.com/how-to-improve-eyesight-2040-to-2015/

I know EACH of you will have his own idea of "what to do".  I personally advocate putting a Snellen up, and reading 1/2 the letters correctly - for starters.  I realize that if you have a -3 diopter lens - this will be impossible.  But, if you can read the 20/60 line (1/2 the letters correctly), then there is hope.  I do not advocate "staring" at your Snellen.  You read it to get the AVERAGE line you read - and continue to monitor it.

Dr. Alex says "four pillars".  For me, 90 percent of the pillar, is the knowledge that if you choose to NOT wear the plus, my refractive STATE will go down at a rate of -1/2 diopter per year.  This means, to me, that the plus is a long-term requirement.  There is no way you can avoid that issue.  But I do agree with Dr. Alex - if you do manage to get to 20/20 (read 1/2 the letters correctly - with bright light on Snellen), you have not solved the problem.  Because, of that -1/2 diopter per year - when in college.

I know you are going to get an "infinite amount of advice" - here and every where.  So you will have to decide what you want to do with your life.  If a person gets to 20/20 (by any method), he can not think he is successful.  He can quit wearing the plus for a year in college.  But then, he will go down by that -1/2 diopter.  The intelligent person, who realizes this, will simply re-start with the plus - understanding the facts of this difficult situation.  The perhaps "poorly informed", person will declare, "... I wore the plus - and it did not work".

I wish all of you well - and total success for yourself.  But this serious issue, can not be resolved by any medical person.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:19:37 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline CapitalPrince

Re: From 20/60 to 20/20 in three months?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 05:22:55 AM »
this was my message to alex. LOL did he misread the name on the message. Kevin????
he might have changed the name for identity purposes
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:25:12 AM by CapitalPrince »

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 04:33:03 AM »

Hi Sam,

Subject:  After you get to 20/20, then do you "stay there", and never wear a plus?

This is the crucial question - we all should ask.

http://frauenfeldclinic.com/reader-questions-2020-whats-next-2/

It is certainly the question any person should ask who is entering a four year college, with 20/30.  As Dr. Alex stated, and I totally support, you must continue to wear the plus - as he says he does.

There are many who will insist that I want a "perfect cure", so I never have to wear glasses again.  That is a response of ignorance - sorry to say.  We know that the natural eye will go down by -1.5 diopters with four years of college.  So assuming you get to 20/20 in three months, you are not going to "stay there".  Wearing a "plus for near", at 20/30 is extremely simple.  But you must always convince yourself that it is necessary.

It is not the "job" of an OD in his office to convince yourself of this necessity - it is indeed your job.

Offline CapitalPrince

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 09:41:36 AM »
yes otis i udnerstand the necessity to wear the plus evenn if my vision is 20/20, because i plan to exceed the 20/20 by +0.5D. for me wearing the plus is  a "no brainer".