Author Topic: Optometrist opinion on preventing entry into myopia.  (Read 721 times)

Offline OtisBrown

Optometrist opinion on preventing entry into myopia.
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:29:14 AM »
Subject: First rule - they believe that it will always be impossible.

Item:  Do not bother getting "verification" from an optometrist - it is a waste of time.

Before you enter his "shop" - he has already determined that any prevention - is impossible.

This is why I personally check both my own Snellen, and refractive state myself - because I know for dead certain, that an optometrist will not help me.  This is in broad-brush, what ALL optometrists believe.  This video is about your refractive state - from birth to old-age.  It is clear when he draws a line "going down" that this is his "theory of prevention".  This is they type of advice you will get from an OD in his office.

This issue is about, "Night Vision", but it really covers the philosophy and presumed "science" of an optometrist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enbcldIHkJU

I have friends in medicine - but they are not equipped to help anyone understand that -1/2 diopter per year, and how to prevent it with a plus.  There is an intellectual "blindness" towards plus-prevention, but I truly understand their "point-of-view".  I just do not agree that prevention is impossible, while you still pass the 20/40 line.

Prevention is truly a matter of scientific education, and the ability to conduct prevention yourself.  Your optometrist will never be of any help to you in this process.  That is why full responsibility for checking your own Snellen (with 20/20), and continued wearing of the plus is necessary - through four years of college.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:32:13 AM by OtisBrown »