Author Topic: Needing hep for my poor eyesight  (Read 1089 times)

Offline phucluong

Needing hep for my poor eyesight
« on: February 22, 2014, 06:31:40 AM »
 Hi, I am a 17 year-old boy, and I started to get myopia since i was in grade 8. And now my eyeballs feel like to explode @@. The right eye is -4.5D, left is 1.75D. I felt very strained without glasses. But i try to get out from glasses, i only wear them when studying, looking in computer , sometimes traveling by bike,... My wearing glasses time accounts for 4-5 hours a day. Is it a bad or good habit ? How to improve my eyesight? I have read many articles and topics about improving eyesight, but in my country, the doctors always say that there is no way improving eyesight (if you don't wear glasses) , unless you have a LASIK operation on your eyes. What should i do now? Please help.
  By the way, is the result in eyesight-measuring machine accurate? How to know what exactly your Diop? Thanks for listening
My email : phucluongsuhuynh@gmail.com

Offline OtisBrown

Re: Needing hep for my poor eyesight
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:16:33 AM »
Hi Phucluong,

WELCOME to our preventive conversations. No one can tell you what to do - but you will learn a lot by reading our lay-man conversations on this site.  I would suggest that you read this site in detail:

http://frauenfeldclinic.com/

Dr. Alex is an ophthalmologist who can give you the best advice in vision improvement.

Also - the "refractive machines" are inaccurate.  The prescriptions you get from them are almost always excessive or wrong.  I think many a child has had his vision destroyed because they were over-prescribed by that, "auto-refractor". 

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:24:54 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline phucluong

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 01:44:13 AM »
thank you. But I have to study a lot, i think i don't have enough time to carry out these exercises. Any ideas for a fast and effective cure ?

Offline CapitalPrince

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 06:44:38 AM »
sorry there is no fast cure. It is very very slow, unless you want to "speed things up" by using the plus for a few hours a day and doing active focus/focus pulling a few hours a day.

Offline phucluong

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:29:10 AM »
Ok . I bought an eye-chart and every morning, I try to focus and look at it. I hide one eye if the other is looking by a piece of paper. But actually, only the left eye, I think, can focus if I go far from the eye-chart. The other eye is terrible. I can see clearly only in 20-25cm. Going further, that eye is blurrier. And I read nothing! What should I do? I reduce seeing too much and too close, only wear glasses if needed.