Author Topic: weird things when i blink  (Read 1049 times)

Offline CapitalPrince

weird things when i blink
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:44:45 PM »
a problem that is really bothering me is that whenever i blink weird things happen, like its a combination of double image, misalignment, blur. When i blink at just the right way though sometimes the image is very clear. This happens with both eyes and one in individual. I do have to blink abit harder than usual to trigger this crazy image and its better when i blink softly.

I believe its do to axial myopia (and also probably axial astigmatism) and the eye really has lengthened (or deformed). I never had this problem when i had good eyesight. I do not have this problem if i wear a -0.5D or -0.75D minus.

Does anyone else have this problem if you are myopic???

Offline mailliam

Re: weird things when i blink
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:05:20 AM »
Did you do any of the PVS exercises?

The CRB one got me into the habit of blinking extra hard when I wanted to 'clear' an image. I thought this was how you did active focus but when I finally realised how to do it I realise I didn't need to blink so hard anymore and had to unlearn this habit.

The hard blink would give me a really short glimpse of some clarity but then turn into a mess of blur.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
Hi Mailliam,

That funny, my experience is the reverse.  When I look at my Snellen, I often have some mild blur.  But then I take my time, blink a few times, and can read the 20/20 line, and sometimes the 20/15 line. 

I think a temporary "blur" is normal.  But I think that a lot of people get a -1 diopter lens - based on this temporary "blur" that it totally normal. That is why I take the time to check this at home.

Did you do any of the PVS exercises?

The CRB one got me into the habit of blinking extra hard when I wanted to 'clear' an image. I thought this was how you did active focus but when I finally realised how to do it I realise I didn't need to blink so hard anymore and had to unlearn this habit.

The hard blink would give me a really short glimpse of some clarity but then turn into a mess of blur.

Offline CapitalPrince

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:07:41 PM »
sorry i mentioned this problem several times but it really is a serious problem and very umcomfortable. But overall its most likely axial myopia with weird axial astigamtic and when i blink I am changing the shape of the cornea slgihtly. I really do hope this goes away...