Author Topic: is taking frequent breaks when using the plus neccesary  (Read 2342 times)

Offline gekonus

is taking frequent breaks when using the plus neccesary
« on: March 09, 2015, 05:50:35 AM »
Are breaks while print pushing important? I sometimes print push for hours straights till i get headaches.

Is it possible that print pushing without breaks makes your eyes not improve?

Offline OtisBrown

Re: is taking frequent breaks when using the plus neccesary
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:53:59 AM »

Hi Gekonus,

I am glad that you are wearing a plus, and "pushing print".  That is the price we pay, to keep our distant vision.

I have gotten so comfortable with the plus, that it is "automatic" for me.  If you get headaches, then quit for some time.  My breaks are that I
get up, and walk outside for some time.  I wish this was "easy" - but it is not.  It is wise, and necessary.  You +1.5 is the right plus
to be using.  Aim to begin reading the 20/30 line, on a "bright Snellen".  That will allow you to avoid the minus - which is a major
goal to achieve.  This is truly "... throw away that minus lens" philosophy.  (Even though it mean wearing a plus for all near.)

Keep up your excellent work - you are doing the "right thing" for your personal welfare.

Are breaks while print pushing important? I sometimes print push for hours straights till i get headaches.

Is it possible that print pushing without breaks makes your eyes not improve?

Offline gekonus

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:18:51 AM »
But maybe Im doing something wrong... there must be a way to reverse a single diopter..

Im working at just the edge of blur, and I just blink to clear the slight blur (sometimes I dont blink but the eyes kinda clear the blur somehow).

I tried to work with bigger blur, but it is annoying and difficult

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 11:25:09 AM »
Hi Gekonus,

Working with "slight blur" is correct - providing you wear a plus for any an all close work.  (Obviously, take breaks, if you get a headache.)

But also, check your own "Bright Snellen", and look to pass the 20/30 line, most of the time. For me that is the best indication of personal,
objective success. 

Just feeling that my vision, "looks better" is not the right way.

This is by my account, and every person's account, a very slow process.  No one can speed it up.

Remember, we went "down" at -1/2 diopter per year, so going "up" is slow.

But maybe Im doing something wrong... there must be a way to reverse a single diopter..

Im working at just the edge of blur, and I just blink to clear the slight blur (sometimes I dont blink but the eyes kinda clear the blur somehow).

I tried to work with bigger blur, but it is annoying and difficult
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:41:35 AM by OtisBrown »

Offline gekonus

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 08:29:44 PM »
Yes I understand what you say, But I wanna know why cant I increase the distance when print pushing.. it is still the same distance no matter what I do

Offline jimboston

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 02:18:07 PM »
Yes I understand what you say, But I wanna know why cant I increase the distance when print pushing.. it is still the same distance no matter what I do

gekonus, how long have you been pushing print and how long has it been since you plateaued?

Offline gekonus

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 08:26:14 PM »
Ive been print pushing for 5 months , I cant remember what my vision was before I started but it was kinda the same as now (20/50 or so).

I even got another pair of plus lenses but this time +2.5 for closer work.
Maybe im not doing active focus correctly is that it? Or maybe my myopia is a different kind so that print pushing will not help?

Offline gekonus

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 01:38:07 AM »
So you suggest that I should try working with smaller texts for example? Or take more breaks? I wanna first understand if print pushing is even more promising than eye rolls and such.

Offline OtisBrown

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 03:50:22 AM »
Hi Gekonus,

Subject: There is NO "perfect way" that works for everyone.

http://frauenfeldclinic.com/sashas-journal-double-vision-strong-vs-weak-eye/

Some people who were seriously myopic, slowly get out of it.  Some people, seemingly identical, will not get a result, were their friend,
does get to 20/20, as Todd did.  I am not a critic, I just agree that you made and excellent effort.

Other people, like Brad and his severe astigmatism and myopia (about -4 and -3 diopters), take about 1.5 years, and begin reading
the 20/25 line.

I think this is all very frustrating - but part of the puzzle.

So you suggest that I should try working with smaller texts for example? Or take more breaks? I wanna first understand if print pushing is even more promising than eye rolls and such.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:52:09 AM by OtisBrown »