Author Topic: How to get started with myopia rehab?  (Read 1161 times)

Offline graeme

How to get started with myopia rehab?
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:42:14 AM »
My eyes are -3.5/-2. I want to help the left eye get stronger. There are a few constraints:

* My left eye is bad enough that I can only read clearly about a foot away.
* I can't wear contacts for at least the next little while, due to eye irritation

Given that, what's a good routine I can start with to see if my left eye responds? And what equipment should I get? (e.g. plus lenses, undercorrected glasses, etc). I currently have glasses at my prescription.

Thanks!

Offline graeme

Re: How to get started with myopia rehab?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 08:50:17 AM »

The courage to actually read it.  It does take time to "reverse" it.  At this time, you can not wear a plus for close work.  Just plan to keep the minus off your face - for all close work.

In fact, keeping your minus-contacts off your eyes - is a major step forward.  Just use your minus-prescriptions when necessary.

My problem is my left eye. For a while I tried working without minus lenses on my eyes. I can see the computer fine with my right eye.

Result: right eye mildly improved. Left eye worsened .75 diopters over two years.

So, my question is: how can I work on my LEFT eye? The weak one. I can't do any work without minus lenses on my left eye. I can't read unless I'm a foot away, and I can't do most daily activities either. And if I keep my right eye open, it dominates.

Do I get minus lenses that undercorrect the left eye, but leave it stronger than the right?

Offline graeme

Re: How to get started with myopia rehab?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 01:44:55 PM »
So, what strength lenses would I order online? To simplify things, lets assume my current prescription is correct.

-1.5/0?

I've read Todd's posts, but I'm still not clear what kind of routine to follow to help improve my left eye.