Author Topic: Progress so far with myopia rehab + next steps  (Read 1207 times)

Offline graeme

Progress so far with myopia rehab + next steps
« on: June 28, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »
From my last optometry visit, I am -3.5/-2

I bought two sets of glasses. One is for close work. It's -2/0. The the other is for when outside. It's -3/-1.5

The outside glasses were blurry at first. Now I can see fairly clearly with them even in the distance. I just tested with my old glasses – they're still cleared, but the undercorrected lenses are much clearer than when I first got them a couple weeks ago.

I have tried the snellen, unfortunately my left eye is too weak to accurately assess changes. My right eye may have improved from 10/50 to 10/40.

Computer work is ok. I think I need to undercorrect further on the left, and add a plus lense on the right.

My left eye is my main target. I want to get it closer to my right. I was thinking about ordering -2.75/-1.5, to make the left eye stronger and have it do the work when outside. Is this a viable strategy?

For reading, I will get -1.5/+0.5 so that again the left eye takes over.

For everyday indoor activities, I just don't wear glasses. My right eye takes precedence in these situations.

Offline Alex_Myopic

Re: Progress so far with myopia rehab + next steps
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
In PVS suggests that if there is bigger than 0.5D difference in the two eye, firstly one has to make it smaller by patching or exercising more the weaker eye.

Offline graeme

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 01:09:28 PM »
In PVS suggests that if there is bigger than 0.5D difference in the two eye, firstly one has to make it smaller by patching or exercising more the weaker eye.

Yes, that's why I was thinking of getting glasses that:

1. Are undercorrected
2. Leave my weakest eye strongest, so it does the work

Will this achieve the goal of exercising the weaker eye more?

Offline Alex_Myopic

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 02:30:27 PM »
Your logic sound good to me from the point of view that since you don't undercorrect more than 0.5D the weak eye in relation to the good one, because this could lead to amplyopia (lazy eye). I fact you give more acuity to the weak one.